Here come the Philadelphia 76ers. Trust the process and learn a thing or two about your Sixers.
Who owns The Philadelphia 76ers
Josh Harris, who co-founded Apollo Global Management, one of the world’s largest alternative investment firms. Harris is the principal owner and managing partner of the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League and the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association, and is a general partner in Crystal Palace of the English Premier League.
Why is the team name 76ers
The Philadelphia 76ers name originates from the year 1776, the year the Declaration of Independence was signed in Philadelphia. (That was an easy one.)
What does it mean for Philadelphia 76ers to Trust The Process
It all started with then GM Sam Hinkie. The 76ers traded a lot of today for tomorrow all within a process to rebuild a storied franchise from its joke state. Through trades, tanking and accumulating high draft picks, the Sixers have ‘Trusted The (Ownerships) Process’ and put a winning team on the floor.
Where do the Philadelphia 76ers play
The Philadelphia 76ers play their home games at the Wells Fargo Center, which is located at 3601 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148, United States. The Wells Fargo Center is a large arena that can seat over 20,000 fans for basketball games. It is also the home arena for the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers and hosts a variety of other events throughout the year, including concerts, wrestling matches, and more.
Who are the most famous players for the Sixers
The Philadelphia 76ers have a storied history, and many great players have played for the team over the years. Here are some of the most well-known players in 76ers history:
• Julius Erving (Dr. J) – a Hall of Fame forward who led the 76ers to their last NBA championship in 1983.
• Allen Iverson (A.I.) – a former NBA MVP and one of the most iconic players in 76ers history.
• Charles Barkley – a Hall of Fame power forward who played for the 76ers from 1984 to 1992.
• Wilt Chamberlain – a legendary center who played for the 76ers from 1965 to 1968 and set numerous NBA records.
• Moses Malone – a Hall of Fame center who played for the 76ers from 1982 to 1986 and helped lead the team to their 1983 championship.
• Hal Greer – a Hall of Fame guard who played for the 76ers from 1958 to 1973 and was a key player on the team’s 1967 championship squad.
• Billy Cunningham – a former player and coach who helped lead the 76ers to their 1967 championship and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1986.
What is the Sixers Theme Song
If you’re a fan of the Philadelphia 76ers, chances are you’ve heard the team’s classic anthem, “Here Come the Sixers.” First released in 1975, this iconic song is a beloved reminder of the team’s glory days in the 70s and 80s.
As the Philadelphia 76ers continue to dominate on the court, “Here Come the Sixers” remains a beloved reminder of the team’s storied past. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just enjoy a good sports anthem, this classic song is sure to get you pumped up and ready for some basketball action. [Lyrics]